We are Pafi Ltd, Company Number 3104961, (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Pafi”). Our registered office is at Pafi Ltd, Robin Hill Farm, Mead Lane, Lower Basildon, READING. RG8 9NZ. Our trading address is Pafi Ltd, Robin Hill Farm, Mead Lane, Lower Basildon, READING RG8 9NZ
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy – together with the Pafi Quality Management System and any other documents referred to within it – sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Pafi Ltd is a “Data Controller,” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required – under data protection legislation – to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to all clients who have had a security system installed by Pafi Ltd.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary, in relation to taking steps to enter into a contract with you and/or performance of a contract with you. We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you enquire about our services, discuss your requirements with a Pafi employee and when you report a problem to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of our visits to your site, we will automatically collect the following information:
- Geographical location
- Site plans
- Access points
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive your information when we work with third parties – including; business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies, for example. However, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your race, political opinions or religious beliefs – unless we obtain your explicit consent. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from – or direct our content towards – those under the age of 16.
Some installations may require certification from the NSI. In these circumstances, we will share your information with the NSI in order that certification can be provided. A copy of the NSI Privacy Statement can be viewed on their website at www.NSI.org.uk
How Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to our services.
- Offer our services to you.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your Personal Data to Others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our rules.
- our business enters a joint venture with – or is sold to or merged with – another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Cookies are text files, placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track your use of a website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) is an industry body that provides in-depth information about cookies. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the IAB website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some elements of our site may not function if you do not permit cookies from your browser(s).
We automatically collect and store the following information about your visit to our site:
- The internet domain and IP address from where you access our site.
- The type of browser software and operating system used to access our site.
- The date and time that you access our site.
- The pages you enter, visit and exit from our site.
- If you linked to our site from another site, the address of that site.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to identify click stream patterns, to improve our site and to learn about the number of visitors to our site – as well as the types of technology that our visitors use.
We only use this information to ensure that our site stays compatible with a selection of browsers and systems and to ensure that our site appeals to a wide audience.
Where We Store Your Personal Data?
We store all your personal details on a secure server, within the European Economic Area.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you – before collecting your data – if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data and you can also exercise the right – at any time – by contacting us at email@example.com.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data – and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means – and the applicable legal requirements.
How Secure is My Data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at Pafi Ltd, Robin Hill Farm, Lower Basildon, Reading RG8 9NZ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your Right to Complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm – or by email at email@example.com. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/
The data controller responsible for your personal data is Pafi Ltd, Company Number 03104961. Our data protection registration number is ZA349080.